Thursday, March 1, 2012

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS BEFORE

so here it is. my first post on this here new blog. and all i can say for myself is:

why didn't i think of this before?

i've always been a die hard fan of finding cheap, trendy clothes. i can honestly say that more than half of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores and consignment shops. i also acquired some vintage hand-me-downs from great-grandmother. (eep!) and don't be fooled. i find NEW clothes on sale that i like, too!

my cheap fashion treasure hunts began about six or seven months ago. i found myself in a VERY large Goodwill in Bluffton, South Carolina. we're talking a Goodwill the size of a Marshall's. i was in thrift store HEAVEN, let me tell you. my eyes went cartoon wide as i imagined what finds lie ahead. and on that very day, hiding among all the fuss- (thrift stores are hard to sift through sometimes!)- were two sought after gems. i give you the colored, denim skinny jeans.

Periwinkle!

And red!

right then and there i was hooked. fueled by the possibility of finding other gems like these, i've been on an all out quest, staking out all the local thrift stores and consignment shops. i usually revisit a store every three weeks to allow for a good restock. 

in these last few months i have accumulated a lot of goodies that i'll share with you on a weekly basis. new posts go up every thursday! so, stay tuned!

xo Karah

1 comment:

  1. I found the happyness in a vintage store in Italy! I was crazy about all the clothes there... oh-so-pretty-and-cheap!!!! The best things are not always expensive!

    Kisses,
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete